Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Ramblings of a YA author

Hi everyone!

While I'm always grateful to be surrounded by so many amazing people, I would like to take a moment to thank my wonderful readers for whom I value more than words can say, my friends (both cyber and close) for your continued support, my family for believing in me even when I don't believe in myself, and my publishers for helping me share my stories with the world. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!


Where my travels took me:

I had the pleasure of being a part of the University of Whitewater Wisconsin Creative Writing Festival. Over 700 high school students attended this day long conference. Susan Gloss, author of the novel Vintage, kicked things of with a keynote speech to a standing room only crowd. Next were the workshops, of which I lead two. The day ended with an award ceremony. Congrats to the winners! The young talent at this festival was amazing, and I'm truly honored to have been a part of the event.

Book news:


I've been chatting with my fun and amazing publicist about cover options for Entwine. We both loved the same images. Total plus! She passed our thoughts on to the design team at Omnific Publishing. Now for the waiting part, which many of you know is one of the hardest parts of publishing. I'm a big fan of Omnific's covers. They really do a great job. I can't wait to see what they come up with for this book. =)


I'm still oh so close to finishing the new first draft of my YA realistic contemporary romance. What's slowed me down. Unexpected visits from my stepsons, which was worth setting my laptop aside. See, with our boys being in their late teens and twenties, it's a rare occasion to have more than one under our roof at the same time. So when three of them are home, I'm happy to let time slow down and enjoy it. I figure I can knock out the last two chapters... yes, I'm that close... before the weekend.

That's it for me today. What do you consider welcome interruptions when you're in the writing zone? Are you doing NaNo? Have you met your word count?


9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your next cover.
    Family always comes first, especially if you don't get all of them together like that very often.
    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been too long since I visited last. You've made some incredible progress on your journey. Congrats on all the books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy, haven't you? Nice work! And Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's completely okay to put writing on hold for other life things, especially when you know they're rare. Good luck with the draft!

    ReplyDelete