Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A few words of encouragement. #IWSG


I've been so absorbed in my current work-in-progress, I have nothing this month. So, I'll leave you with a few words of encouragement before I hurry back to my story. 



It's easy to let doubt keep us from accomplishing our goals. What if we aren't good enough? What if we fail? What if our work sucks? But if we don't try, we'll never know what we are capable of. The only true failure is not trying in the first place. And if you aren't happy with a scene, revise (or start over) until you are.


How are you doing this month? Any insecurities you'd like to share? Any words of encouragement?


Insecure Writer's Support Group is a group writers who share our doubts and encouragements on the first Wednesday of the month. A big thanks to Alex Cavanaugh and the wonderful administrators who keep the site running! Learn more about the group here.

17 comments:

  1. Very true! We only fail when we fail to act.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that in a picture quote somewhere and it stuck with me. =)

      Delete
  2. It's weird. Not long ago, someone said the same thing about not knowing until you try to me. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great why of looking at things. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Good post! It's easy to let fear and doubt keep us from trying. I think it's like playing the lottery. Just like you have no chance of winning if you don't buy a ticket, your book has no chance of being noticed if you don't write it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is so true. I tell that to new writers all the time.

      Delete
  4. Some days feeling I've given something my best effort is enough of an accomplishment. Every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hear you. Doubts come and go. It makes us take a step back for awhile. Thankfully, there are people who are in the same boat (like IWSG) who understands how it feels. Somehow, we pull each other forward and upward.

    Thanks for the visit! I followed you on Facebook. Lovely to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to meet you too. Thanks for following. =)

      Delete
  6. I think it's awesome you're moving forward with your WIP. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen. It feels good to have a nice flow going.

      Delete
  7. These are awesome words of encouragement. Thanks. :) So happy to hear your so absorbed in the WIP. Have fun with it. (And we need to get together soon!)

    ReplyDelete